2 posts tagged thai
I’ve been craving Thai alot lately and this is one of my ALL TIME favourites! It is sooooo simple and soooo clean and the flavours just speak volumes!
I uses this ‘dressing/corriander salad’ to accompany all types of meat, chicken, beef pork - it all works!!
- 2 fillets of Barramundi
- 2 sprigs spring onion - finely sliced
- 1 green chilli - finely sliced - deseeded if you dont like it too hot
- knob of ginger - finely sliced into battons (julienne)
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 1tsp seasame oil
- 1 bunch corriander - just the leaves
- 1/3 cup fried shallots ( I usually have these as they add more crunch but I’m ommitting them today as I’m trying to be super clean, but I highly recommend you try!)
- In a bowl add the ginger, corriander, garlic and sping onion in a bowl and gently mix
- Steam the fish until it is white and flakes away, approx 6 to 7 minutes
- When the fish is ready to be served, add the seasame oil & soy sauce to the corriander mixture.
- Place the fish on a plate and top with the corriander mixture. I like to eat this with some brown rice & steamed asian greens.
350g Squid - cut into rectangles with a diamond pattern 1tsp garlic - minced 1 red onion - diced 1 red chilli - finely chopped 1 red capsicum - sliced into strips 1/2 cup mint leaves 1 tsp honey 2 tsp fish sauce 2 tsp oyster sauce 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 2 bunch bok choy - chopped 1. In a hot wok, fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 30 seconds 2. Add all other ingredients except mint & bok choy. Fry for a couple of mins 3. Now add boy choy and mint at the end & fry until wilted. 4. Done! Serve with brown rice :)